This bamboo is available from Southern China.
- This bamboo is used for construction purposes (of medium quality) for house and temporary construction;
- Used for making furniture, rafts for fishing and bamboo boards;
- Used for agricultural implements and water pipes;
- Also used for basketry, rafts for fishing, woven wares, chopsticks;
- Good source of pulp for paper production;
- Leaves are used to make hats, cook rice, make roofs for boats and as packing material;
- The shoots are edible and of very good quality.
Bamboo species occurring in the Pacific
Proposed priority species for the Pacific
Other species of interest: